You probably know how important it is to find the right real estate agent when you are focusing on a financial investment as substantial and as personal as your home.
What you should know about me is that I understand the importance of this transaction to all involved. You will see that revealed in how I follow through on what I promise, as I carefully guide you through the many steps and decisions along the way. You will see that in the ethical approach I take to dealing with you and with your prospective buyers or sellers and their agents. I will do everything I can to make your real estate experience as easy and as stress-free as possible.
After 20 years as a college-level teacher of theater and communication, I came with my family in 1998 to return to our Hudson Valley roots and to establish a personal business. In late 2006, I decided to try real estate sales and joined Weichert, Realtors, in Kingston. I was lured, in part, by the hot real estate market of that time, but also by the opportunity to have a real impact at an important juncture in people’s lives, as several brokers had done for me over the years. The hot market disappeared and has not yet returned. But I have persevered. In January of 2011, I left Weichert and became an independent broker. My business has grown each year. Weichert provided great training and experience; but I knew that as an independent broker I could select the most effective methods to meet the needs of my clients while enjoying the autonomy and independence of working entirely for myself.
You can expect from me:
- Personal and knowledgeable service that is genuinely responsive to your needs
- A broad familiarity with regional communities, home values, and price trends
- Top professional skills continually refined through frequent attendance at real estate and business courses and workshops
- Advice and guidance throughout the entire process
- Commitment to help you with the many resources available to save you valuable time and effort in securing home financing, insurance, and home connections
- Unique and creative strategies adapted to achieve your buying or selling goals
Feel free to contact me anytime, whether it’s to get started on helping you realize your goals and dreams, or just to ask a question. I would welcome the opportunity to make a difference for you.
- New York State Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Member of regional Multiple Listing Services
- Mid-Hudson MLS (covers Dutchess, southern Columbia Counties)
- Columbia Greene Northern Dutchess MLS (former Board of Directors member)
- Hudson Valley Catskill Region MLS (covers Ulster County, currently serving on Board of Directors)
- New York State MLS
- Member of Ulster County Board of Realtors
- Member of New York State Association of Realtors
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- Graduate, Weichert, Realtors Academy
- Graduate, Sweathogs to Stars Marketing Program
- Rookie of the Year, Weichert, Realtors – New York-Connecticut Region, 2007
- Weichert, Realtors Million Dollar Sales Club, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Ph.D., Bowling Green State University (Ohio)
- M.A., State University of New York at Binghamton
- B.A., Central College (Iowa)
- Certified Empowerment Life Coach, Empowerment Institute (NY)
- Raised in Town of Poughkeepsie, now living in Red Hook, NY
- Born in the Netherlands (hence the two a’s and the e in Maarten, and all that ORANGE in my advertising materials)
- Current interests include choral music, local and regional music and musicians, regional leisure activities, local and regional government, Dutch culture and travel, and friends and family. Catch a glimpse on my personal (non-business) Facebook page.